Re: Draft for a LTS press release

Hi Neil,

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015, Neil McGovern wrote:
> This seems a bit of a mix between a press release and a d-d-a posting.
> What are you after from this - are we announcing that LTS is happening
> for Wheezy/Jessie, or are we after a call for help?

Both!

> If the former, then we should definitely change quite a bit of the
> wording in paragraph 4 to soften it.
>
> If the latter - would a d-d-a posting do instead?

I'm afraid that a d-d-a posting is not very useful. People who are on
d-d-a already know about Debian LTS and are already well engaged in the
community.

We are trying to reach our (corporate) users more than our current
contributors.

What kind of changes do you envision? Why is it a problem to combine
an announce and a call for help?

https://www.debian.org/News/2014/20140616 was a bit of both too. It
announced the start and seeked more help.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer