Re: Any ideas on possibility of wheezy-lts?

Hi,

On 9 April 2015 at 18:03, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Apr 2015, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>> Nowadays the blocking point for updating iceweasel is that python2.7
>> is needed to _build_ the package. If anyone has an idea as to how to
>> solve that problem while keeping Debian traditions, or without
>> introducing python2.7 directly into squeeze, please let me know.
>
> Why would be it be a problem to introduce python2.7 as long as
> python-defaults remains unchanged?

By taking a look at how Mike had done it for mozilla.d.n, python2.7,
python-defaults, python-support all need to be backported.

Oh and since one of the minor versions of 31.5, a patch is needed to
workaround a gcc bug.

> That said I would very much like to see iceweasel backported.
>
> How are you doing it on EDF's side ?

We have a separate repository where we have the backported python
stuff, and where we build iceweasel. Once built it is copied to our
main repository that is used along with squeeze.We did something
similar to use libav instead of ffmpeg.

Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net