Re: Any ideas on possibility of wheezy-lts?

Hi,

[personal opinion]

On 30 March 2015 at 16:14, Moritz Muehlenhoff <jmm@debian.org> wrote:
> Squeeze LTS misses a security-supported browser, so it's
> usefulness as a desktop environment is fairly limited. Since iceweasel
> is now a standalone package (and doesn't carry lots of xulrunner
> reverse deps), that should likely be fixable for Wheezy (if there's
> demand, though, since supportinh it will churn quite some time).

That is easily fixable even for squeeze LTS. Back when the LTS started
there was what looked like a, negative, consensus as for what updating
iceweasel concerns.
Nowadays the blocking point for updating iceweasel is that python2.7
is needed to _build_ the package. If anyone has an idea as to how to
solve that problem while keeping Debian traditions, or without
introducing python2.7 directly into squeeze, please let me know. I'd
be happy to put my work hat on and share the work we have done for
iceweasel for squeeze.

Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net