Re: End of life for MySQL 5.1

Hi,

we use mysql-server and -client on some Debian squeeze machines, but we
don't use any more advanced features like replication.

> - Try to backport fixes based on the 5.5.x interdiffs (since Oracle
>   publishes no detailed bug details). Complicated, but could be done
>   in collaboration with Red Hat, RHEL 6 is also based on MySQL 5.1.

>From my point of view, this would be the best way.
But i think that this would be the option with the most work involved.

Because oft that thought, our 2nd priority would be the backport. We
upgraded some servers to wheezy (and therefore mysql-server-5.5) and had
no problem at all regarding MySQL.

The only negative thing that comes to my mind regarding a 5.5.x-backport
would be, that there might be many squeeze-admins who did the simple
switch to squeeze-lts in sources.list but wouldn't do the work involved
with installing the backport.
kind of a "political" question, whether these people should be supported
in their lazyness..

Regards,
Andreas