Re: Debian contributors looking for paid work on Squeeze LTS

Hi,

On Tue, 27 May 2014, Guido Günther wrote:
> On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 09:09:17PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> [..snip..]
> > That said, the number of DSA is interesting but maybe there are DSA that
> > have been skipped that we should have done. And if we get more workforce,
> > maybe we can further improve the level of security support? I know that
> > some updates are routinely skipped because they have a
> > low-impact/low-priority.
>
> Some of them are delayed 'til the next point release.

Right that's the way the security team delegates the responsibility of
such updates to the maintainers and the stable release team.

> Since there aren't any point releases anymore we won't be able to do that anyways.

This is no longer correct however given that the LTS team has no
restrictions on what they can upload to squeeze-lts. If we decide that
low-impact security issues can be fixed in squeeze-lts, then it's just a
matter of someone doing the work.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/