Re: Packages not supportable in squeeze-lts

On ven., 2014-05-16 at 07:12 +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:

> These are already end-of-lifed in oldstable:
> chromium-browser
> iceweasel  (it was announced to provide a binary not using the full xul-lib approach, though)
> icedove
> ffmpeg

I think there are people still interested in having Squeeze LTS
*desktops*, for which a browser and (I guess) video support might be
mandatory (maybe Joss and Raphaël can comment on this). What would be
the plan for those? Should we try the “next long term support branch
release available” or something like that?

> These need discussion or specific commitment:
> wordpress (we already ship the same version in oldstable as in stable, if someone
>            commit we can continue to do so)

I did some DSAs for wordpress, upgrading to latest upstream releases,
and Raphaël (Hertzog) did some too. I think it's not that hard to
prepare them, so if he's ok too I guess we can keep it going that way
(at least until something really breaks).

> openswan (tricky to test, maintainers inactive and upstream moved to a fork, maybe
>           people better use strongswan)

Definitely. I'm unsure people will actually switch their IPsec setup,
but since it's gone from Jessie, at one point they'll have to switch
anyway.

Yves-Alexis