Re: libplrpc-perl vs DBI vs mysql

Hi Christoph,

Sorry for the late reply:

On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 07:58:41PM +0200, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote...
>
> > On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 04:08:01PM +0200, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> > > Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote...

> > > "should be" as in "someone's already working on it"; or rather "could
> > > please somebody do the job"? If it's the latter, sorrydave.wav - and
> > > perhaps front desk needs a gentle ping.
> >
> > I've added this as an item to the lts-needed.txt file, anyone can pick
> > that work item as outlined on my other mail.
>
> Salvatore,
>
> full quote since I don't know whether you're subscribed to debian-lts.
>
> However, I'm interested in an coordinated fix for libplrpc-perl in
> both wheezy and squeeze-lts. Therefore, can you either address both
> distributions, or get in touch with me so I can, er, adapt your change
> for squeeze-lts? To be honest, it seems wiser you do both, especially
> since I cannot do uploads yet.

So the plan is to drop the libplrpc-perl dependency for libdbi-perl.
But I want also to have some feedback from other pkg-perl group
members to see if there might be an issue with this for stable (and
possibly oldstable).

For unstable we have already done the change, but there it was easier
as libplrpc-perl was already only a Suggests (note: no significant
code change afaics which justified the move from Depends -> Suggests).

So this might be safe, but I still would like to look closer to not
break something in the stable release.

After that libplrpc-perl could be dropped from the archive also for
the other suites.

Do you have time capacity to help investigating the above?

Regards,
Salvatore