Re: lsb: Willingness to help for the Ubuntu merge

On 01.05.2012 10:39, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> Hi Colin, hi Matthias,
>
> now that the Ubuntu Pangolin was released (congrats!), from what I
> understand from the Ubuntu release process, it will very soon be the "big
> merge" time. And the src:lsb package has diverged quite a lot between the
> Debian and Ubuntu counterparts.
>
> Now, while I tried my best to merge the past and actual changes from
> Ubuntu, there is certainly a diff that needs manual merging (hence
> discussion). Furthermore, I don't think Ubuntu and Debian really need
> different src:lsb packages (especially when we can play with dpkg-vendor
> snippets where needed).
>
> So I am willing to put work where needed towards the goal of sharing a
> single Debian source package. Where do you want to start from?
>
> (By the way, one major hurdle is probably the default python version for
> lsb-release. The attached patch is an attempt at making the python scripts
> work with both python2.6 and python3 without further change. Comments
> welcome.)

I didn't check for the current diffs yet, but yes, keeping the diff minimal
would be appreciated.  The python implementation working with both 2 and 3
looks ok, however the shebang lines need to be adjusted. But why stick to
python2 for Debian?

  Matthias