Re: LSB conform init script (impossible?)

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
> Instead of using echo, it would be nice if the script used log_*
> functions instead, to make the messages show up when using graphical
> splash/progress bar screens.  I do not know how these functions work
> on the other distributions.

Note that the more advanced logging functions we provide aren't in the
LSB, although I think they'd be useful for other distributions as
well.  The only portable functions are
log_{success,failure,warning}_message, which don't provide Debian
policy conforming behavior (notification of progress, etc.).

On the failures, as Otavio suggested I'm going to need something to go
on beyond "it doesn't work" to diagnose the problems.

Chris