Re: LSB conform init script (impossible?)

Here is some feedback related to Debian.

[Martin Vogt]
> ### BEGIN INIT INFO
> # Provides:          svnd
> # Required-Start:    $syslog $remote_fs
> # Should-Start: $time ypbind sendmail
> # Required-Stop:     $syslog $remote_fs
> # Should-Stop: $time ypbind sendmail

These dependencies mostly make sense.  Not sure why it would depend on
ypbind and sendmail, but it should not do any harm either.

> # Default-Start:     3 5
> # Default-Stop:      0 1 2 6

This list of runlevels do not match the common setup in Debian.  Are
you sure you do not want this, to start in runlevels 2-5 and stop in
the shutdown, halt and "single user" runlevels?

  # Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
  # Default-Stop:      0 1 6

These values are used with dependency based boot sequencing, which is
being introduced as a viable option in Lenny.

>     start)
> 	echo -n "Starting $DAEMON "
> 	start_daemon $DAEMON $PARA
> 	RETVAL=$?

Instead of using echo, it would be nice if the script used log_*
functions instead, to make the messages show up when using graphical
splash/progress bar screens.  I do not know how these functions work
on the other distributions.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen