Re: LSB conform init script (impossible?)

Hello all,

>Otavio Salvador :
>We're at 3.2-15 and would be nice if you could try to reproduce it. If
>it still fails, I guess the best way to go is to report a bug against
>lsb-base with -x output for each problematic call and coordinate with
>the maintainer to sort it out.

I have updated it:

dpkg -s lsb-base:
[..]
>Architecture: all
>Source: lsb
>Version: 3.2-15

But it gives the same behavior:

>/tmp/svnd start
>Starting /usr/bin/svnserve

Then is runs.

>/tmp/svnd status
>Checking for service /usr/bin/svnserve
>echo $?
>0

>/tmp/svnd stop
>Shutting down /usr/bin/svnserve

but its still running.

>31380  0.0  0.0  11912   860 ?        Ss   11:52   0:00
>/usr/bin/svnserve --listen-port 4242 -d
>31380
kill -TERM 31380

>/tmp/svnd status
>Checking for service /usr/bin/svnserve *
>
>echo $?
>0

Most likely its because of the missing pidfile handling.
But I can confirm that on SuSE 10.1/FC9 the script works.

Maybe this is the page which defines LSB initscripts:

http://refspecs.linux-foundation.org/LSB_3.1.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/iniscrptfunc.html

pidfiles are optional there. [-p pidfile]

Something else that * and . for the status handling would
be nice too. fc9 and SuSE prints [ OK ] of [ failed ] there.

regards,

Martin