Re: [cyeoh@samba.org: [Lsb-test] Binary PAM test suite]

At 2003/11/13 23:09-0500  Sam Hartman writes:
> Do they have source for these test or only binaries?  I'm somewhat
> uncomfortable running binaries from a third party.

Sure, if you look in:

ftp://ftp.freestandards.org/pub/lsb/test_suites/beta/source/runtime

there is a source rpm. Its rather a pain to build. You will need to
have expect and tcl installed, and even worse it will want to compile
it /home/tet and ask you for the root password of the machine.

I am working on a way to work around these problems though.  Building
TET does also leave a setuid binary on the system (it does do some
checking, but essentially its designed to allow a non privileged user
to set ownership and permissions on other files). So you shouldn't run
these on production systems, or in cases where you don't trust the
local users.

Chris
--
cyeoh@au.ibm.com