Debian LSB Testing instructions and lsblibchk results

Hi debian-lsb,

Since I've had a couple people ask, I have created a separate web page that
describes how to run the LSB tests on Debian at,
 http://people.debian.org/~taggart/lsb/tests.html

One of the other requirements for LSB certification is passing the lsblibchk
tool, so I ran it on ia64/unstable today. I found that we had two types of
failures,

1.) Missing symbols in libgl. It looks like just having the lsb package depend
on the libgl1 virtual package isn't good enough since what it provided on the
test system(libutahglx1) was missing sybmols. Installing xlibmesa3 fixed the
problem and I have filed a bug to change the dependency, #220523

2.) Missing symbols in libgcc_s. The tool complains,
Checking symbols in /lib/libgcc_s.so.1
  Didn't find _Unwind_Find_FDE (GCC_3.0) in libgcc_s.so.1
  Didn't find _Unwind_GetDataRelBase (GCC_3.0) in libgcc_s.so.1
  Didn't find _Unwind_GetTextRelBase (GCC_3.0) in libgcc_s.so.1

I haven't filed a bug on these yet as I want to ask LSB upstream if they think
it's a bug in Debian. It may just be something weird with running a newer
version of gcc. If anybody has any idea please speak up.

I have put the results of this this testing on the webpage. Those working on
stable/testing(Hi Jeff!) will want to make sure to run lsblibchk as well.

BTW- I'm hoping to package the lsblibchk tool soon, but for cert we need to
use the official rpms anyway so that's what I'm testing with for now.

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@debian.org