Re: about live-boot with uuid

Just a comment about it :

After every change of an uuid, in every table, fstab and grub conf, the content , has to be regenerated with the new uuid.

Be very carfull after a  command as "dd" if you want  duplicate the first hd on a second one (IE, if = /dev/sda for="" ...), there's the same uuid after that on every HD .
Your system can't know in wich  Hd of them he has to copy new files, or wich swapfile to use, etc ... And you can loose every masterboot and not only datas, especially with UEFI.
So you had to unplug the target after a DD , booting-it separatly and regenerate every table on it, just before rebooting again.

Good luck for you
Didier