Re: Error: could not resolve deb.debian.org after installing via debian live image

Note that the OP wrote: "The box is not connected to the internet."
I assume therefore this was an install from calamares, not the old installer on
the live system.  Thus I think there are also no DVDs involved.

Tamar: Those 2 packages you are trying to install could be downloaded from the
internet on another machine, stored on a USB memory stick, and then moved to the
new server on that USB.  See the 2 URLs listed in your message, under the lines
"E: Failed to fetch".  Then you could install them like this:
sudo dpkg --install /path/to/USB/files/openssh-sftp-server_7.9p1-10+deb10u1_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg --install /path/to/USB/files/openssh-server_7.9p1-10+deb10u1_amd64.deb