Re: Offer to help updating the manual

On 06/04/2019 20:22, Luca Boccassi wrote:
> Please feel free to send merge requests on Salsa:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/live-team/live-manual

Thank you accepting the first (tiny) merge request.

Regarding workflow:

Do you prefer to receive merge request for each single issue (e.g. as
listed below) or do you like to cherry-pick from my branch?

Encountered issues/Need for information:

During the updating of the links I've seen the following, for which I
need input from the team members who might know what happened/needs to
be done:

* The search functionality on
https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/
In commit 939ed4a829aa009294689a2ad311f3d9f9880e5f the search form was
disabled. Can I remove references to the search functionality?

* The page with legal information on
http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/project/legal/ is gone now.
Is there a replacement page with similar information?

* Homepage for Live Systems Project (in the upper left corner of the
documentation)
Do you prefer a link to the team page in salsa [A], or to the Debian
Wiki [B]/[C]/[D]? Looking at the pages, I would prefer [D].

[A] https://salsa.debian.org/live-team
[B] https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-live/
[C] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive
[D] https://www.debian.org/CD/live

* The manual refers to the live-build-cgi server (See also #807957)
The repository that is mentioned in the ticket is also not reachable any
more. Should I remove references to that service for now?

* I'll first adapt the English translation. I have noticed that several
translations contain links to even older locations of the project. What
is your workflow? Should I contacts all translators for permission to
update the URLs? (I'm asking, because I've recently seen a discussion on
the gnome-i18n mailing list regarding developers changing translations)

* The live manual is currently automatically built on salsa. With merge
request!7 the translated pages will become available on
https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/
I think that handles ticket #807954.
While preparing this mail, the merge request was already accepted.

With kind regards,
Roland Clobus