Re: Stretch release testing - up to and including Saturday 17th June

On 06/16/2017 03:28 AM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 08:10:23PM -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
On 06/14/2017 11:18 AM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

Some days installations don't work for me, I thought burning disc would solve that problem!!!

Dell PowerEdge T20 (Haswell) booted the live dvd but would not start plasma.

Hmmm, OK. What errors please?

Using the same DVD, today I had no problem running the live dvd.

Tried both installs and they failed on finding the dvd.

ThinkPad T400 (GM45 Express) booted the live dvd but would not start plasma.

Again, errors please?

Again, using the same DVD, today I had no problem running the live dvd.

Tried both installs and they failed on finding the dvd.

ThinkPad T430 (Ivybridge) booted the live dvd and started plasma, no
problems.

Cool.

Lenovo ThinkCentre (G33) booted the live dvd and started plasma, no problems.

Cool.

Lenovo 3000 Laptop (i965) Would not boot the DVD, I was surprised that it
would not boot the live dvd, it booted RC3 net-install okay.

Wouldn't boot the live DVD? What errors, if any?

DVD activity, but, no boot.

It booted RC5 net-install but it did not install wireless it would just loop
asking for essid and passphrase over and over, I do not have that problem
with Stretch RC3. Also the 4.9 kernel will not support i965, I have to use a
different kernel, as Debian does not have a different kernel I've been using
the Ubuntu 16.04 kernel.

How are you doing that?

The keys already in the Debian repos, if not add it and add the 16.04-xenial main repo and update, remove the Debian linux image, headers and firmware.
Install linux-image-generic and linux-headers-generic.
Update grub, reboot.

Thanks for helping to test here - more information is needed if the
results are going to be useful!

My thanks to you all for making Debian the Best.

Cheers,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid/Testing - KDE Plasma 5.8.6 - Kernel 4.9.0-3 - EXT4 at sda24
Registered Linux User #380263