Re: Stretch release testing - up to and including Saturday 17th June

On 06/14/2017 11:18 AM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
On 06/14/2017 06:42 AM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
Hey folks,

Stretch is coming! \o/

We're going to be working on the Stretch release images on Saturday,
starting as soon as the ftpmasters and release team have done their
work. Andy and I are going to do as much testing as we can on various
machines we have, but we're limited both in terms of manpower and
available machines. If you have time and can help us with testing,
please join in. Particularly of interest are installations on non-x86
machines.

On the day, we'll be doing a full build of installation, live and
cloud images. Help with testing these as they come availables would be
lovely. We'll be co-ordinating in irc (irc.debian.org, #debian-cd) and
we'll have pages set up in the wiki to help track what testing has
been done.

If you can help before the weekend, please don't just wait until
then. Finding bugs earlier is always good! We've got d-i RC5
installation images that were produced last weekend [1], and the most
recent live and OpenStack images from a couple of days ago
[2,3]. These images will be nearly identical to what we're going to
have this coming weekend for the final Stretch release, so test
reports on all of these will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help, and let's make Stretch excellent!

[1] https://get.debian.org/images/stretch_di_rc5/
[2] https://get.debian.org/images/weekly-live-builds/
[3] https://get.debian.org/images/openstack/testing/

I'm downloading the 06/12/17 amd64 weekly live KDE build iso now and
will run it on a few computers, laptops, desktops and one Intel T20
server. If it's okay, I will install it on a Lenovo Intel desktop.

I'll probably give the RC5 net installer a try too.

Cheers,

Dell PowerEdge T20 (Haswell) booted the live dvd but would not start plasma.

ThinkPad T400 (GM45 Express) booted the live dvd but would not start plasma.

ThinkPad T430 (Ivybridge) booted the live dvd and started plasma, no problems.

Lenovo ThinkCentre (G33) booted the live dvd and started plasma, no problems.

Lenovo 3000 Laptop (i965) Would not boot the DVD, I was surprised that it would not boot the live dvd, it booted RC3 net-install okay. It booted RC5 net-install but it did not install wireless it would just loop asking for essid and passphrase over and over, I do not have that problem with Stretch RC3. Also the 4.9 kernel will not support i965, I have to use a different kernel, as Debian does not have a different kernel I've been using the Ubuntu 16.04 kernel.

Questions?
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Stretch - KDE Plasma 5.8.6 - Intel G3220 - EXT4 at sda11
Registered Linux User #380263