Re: Stretch release testing - up to and including Saturday 17th June

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 08:10:23PM -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
>On 06/14/2017 11:18 AM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
>
>Dell PowerEdge T20 (Haswell) booted the live dvd but would not start plasma.

Hmmm, OK. What errors please?

>ThinkPad T400 (GM45 Express) booted the live dvd but would not start plasma.

Again, errors please?

>ThinkPad T430 (Ivybridge) booted the live dvd and started plasma, no
>problems.

Cool.

>Lenovo ThinkCentre (G33) booted the live dvd and started plasma, no problems.

Cool.

>Lenovo 3000 Laptop (i965) Would not boot the DVD, I was surprised that it
>would not boot the live dvd, it booted RC3 net-install okay.

Wouldn't boot the live DVD? What errors, if any?

>It booted RC5 net-install but it did not install wireless it would just loop
>asking for essid and passphrase over and over, I do not have that problem
>with Stretch RC3. Also the 4.9 kernel will not support i965, I have to use a
>different kernel, as Debian does not have a different kernel I've been using
>the Ubuntu 16.04 kernel.

How are you doing that?

Thanks for helping to test here - more information is needed if the
results are going to be useful!

You raise the blade, you make the change... You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane...