Re: Kernel Panic when adding support for live installer

>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been playing around live build for a few weeks and been able to achieve a lot of what I want to do thanks to a .pdf documentation (which I believe is up-to-date) provided on IRC by chals, cheers for that, really appreciated.
>>
>> I'm building basically a Debian Jessie MATE live image with live build 4.0.5-1 taken from the git repo and build following the information in the documentation.
>>

>Hi,
>You are welcome :)
>
>Just a couple of short comments here:
>
>The pdf live-manual version that I linked to is 4.0.3, which is as
>much up to date as can be for live-build 4.0.5. It includes, among
>many other things, using the 586 kernel flavour as default, or proper
>support for cryptsetup by means of a hook (To be accurate, this was
>fixed by Daniel in live-build 4.0.4 and therefore it is included in
>version 4.0.5).
>
>Unfortunately these versions (live-manual 4.0.3 and live-build 4.0.5)
>can only be found in the git repo. The versions included in jessie
>(live-manual 4.0.1 and live-build 4.0.3) are not up to date.
>
>Well, apart from that, the pdf we are talking about is the French
>translation of live-manual. And again, if you found any word or
>expression that sounds awfully wrong in French, feel free to fix it
>directly pushing to the git repo (always to the debian-next branch) or
>sending a patch to the mailing list.

I definitely will when I'm done with my ISO (which is only missing the debian live installer so far).
I've got a text file on my desktop with some typos and other "still-to-be-translated" lines.

>I maintain the French translation on a best effort basis but I am not
>a native speaker of French. And the translation would improve a lot if
>a French speaker could take care of it.

So you're doing a good job overall, I found the translation pretty fine when I was reading on the english version of the pdf to double-check if it was accurate.

>Thank you very much :)
>
>I hope someone can help you with your build problem.
>
>chals

Same :)

Olivier