Re: Breaking out of the chroot jail in a chroot hook

Greetings,

On Aug 15, 2015 3:18 PM, "Pablo Brasero Moreno" <pablo@pablobm.com> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> As the title suggests: is it possible to break out of the chroot jail where chroot hooks are executed?
>
> My use case: there's a significantly large file I want to include as part of my custom distro. To keep the build scripts short and git-manageable, I'd like to download this file from the Internet and store it in the `cache/` directory. This will save me repeat downloads after each build. Any ideas of how I can manage that?
>
> My alternative ideas so far (haven't tried any yet):
>
>   * Run a simple HTTP server on the `auto/build` script, serving files from `cache/`, which can then be downloaded from the chroot hook

I have often none or limited bandwidth when I build images, so I keep a functional mirror on my notebook and I have performed operations similar to what you need and just script against localhost and my local running Web server. So I would share that hosting files for install is pretty straight forward and should work well.