Installer mode

Hi,
I've being using debian live for a couple of days now and I managed to do nice projects with the Live OS. Now I'm experimenting a custom installer and I wonder if It works the same way as the Live boot up using the ISO file. My idea is to offer users a way to test the image (live option) and if they like so, it's possible to boot the same ISO again and select the Install option for the permanent OS.
I saw something related to that on http://live.debian.net/manual/3.x/html/live-manual.en.html#597
I'm not really sure if I'm doing it right, but get the .deb packages installed to the Installer mode I should just place those .deb under config/includes.debian-installer/ ?

That doesn't seem to work. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

Any tips?

Thx!