Re: Solution to extra space with Windows..

Am 11.04.2015 um 22:19 schrieb Charles Russell:
> On 4/10/2015 12:28 PM, Eric Nichols (DirWiz) wrote:
>> I think I have a working solution to Windows not recognizing an extra
>> partition on the USB drive.
>>
>> In windows the new second partition is ignored.  In linux it comes up as
>> a CD-rom image.
>>

> But does it boot?

Not that way, but there is a way to do it.

See, Windows will look for the partition with the *number* one, no
matter where it is located on the media.

So, dd the hybrid iso to the media, create the additional partition
*behind it*, then use fdisk to note down the start/end sectors of both
partitions, delete the partitions and recreate them in reverse order, so
that the physically first (the dd'ed hybrid iso) bears the number two.

Works just fine for us - we're using that to create bootable USB media
and put our portable executable for MS-Windows and the configuration
files shared between the two environments on the FAT partition.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur
X2Go Project/Community Coordinator