Re: Installer mode

On 15/04/15 07:19 AM, Renato Fontana wrote:
> Hi,
> I've being using debian live for a couple of days now and I managed to
> do nice projects with the Live OS. Now I'm experimenting a custom
> installer and I wonder if It works the same way as the Live boot up
> using the ISO file. My idea is to offer users a way to test the image
> (live option) and if they like so, it's possible to boot the same ISO
> again and select the Install option for the permanent OS.

It's easy. Just use the '--debian-installer live' lb config option.

> I saw something related to that on
> http://live.debian.net/manual/3.x/html/live-manual.en.html#597
> I'm not really sure if I'm doing it right, but get the .deb packages
> installed to the Installer mode I should just place those .deb under
> config/includes.debian-installer/ ?
>

> That doesn't seem to work. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

I think you've missed what that's for. You can indeed put additional
material in there, but all it does is include it in the initrd. Did you
have additional custom material to include, or did you just want the
custom live image you've built to be installed? If the latter,
--debian-installer live already does that for you with no further
customizations needed.

Ben