Re: Booting Live-ISO over PXE+HTTP using Grub loopback

> So this is casper and not debian-live. While some people here might be
> familiar with casper it is probably better to ask some Ubuntu folks.

I was trying to get a way to test a live-cd boot. No worries, I'll try with Gparted which displays a message referencing this list re boot problems. Still fails with NIC r8169:

menuentry 'Gparted i386'{
  set root="http,192.168.2.100"
  set isofile="gparted-live-0.19.0-beta1-3-i486.iso"
  loopback loop0 ($root)$isofile
  linux (loop0)/live/vmlinuz boot=live config noswap noprompt vga=788 toram=filesystem.squashfs verbose noeject showmounts httpfs="http://192.168.2.100/gparted-live-0.19.0-beta1-3-i486.iso";
  initrd (loop0)/live/initrd.img  }

Can someone provide please
a) correction to the above or
b) an alternate live-CD (preferably small) that is known to work for testing on my end. I'd like to confirm at least one working state.

> > I have the i386-lxde-CD-1.iso from 07-2014.
> This is probably installer iso. My live iso has kernel and initrd in
> the live/ directory.

OK, but I still have two problems:
a) Can I use that ISO to install Debian on a laptop by PXE-booting? The installer keeps asking for a CD!
b) If yes, which "Debian installation manual" do you refer to? This one? http://live.debian.net/manual/3.x/html/live-manual.en.html

--
FreeBSD_amd64_11-Current_RadeonKMS