Re: Booting Live-ISO over PXE+HTTP using Grub loopback

Hi and thanks for the input.
Indeed I have made some progress.

> if your images contain the httpfs package you can boot iso by ...
> pointing the live initramfs to the iso location on your web server.

This is the best solution, so let's try this path.
1. First the simpler case if you don't mind:
menuentry "Ubuntu-amd64-desktop-13.04.iso" {
  set root="http,192.168.2.100"
  set isofile="ubuntu-13.04d-amd64.iso"
  loopback loop0 ($root)$isofile
  linux (loop0)/casper/vmlinuz.efi boot=casper fromiso=$isofile httpfs=($root)$isofile
  initrd (loop0)/casper/initrd.lz  }

This did not work. Grub will fetch the initrd file normally, so it must be my syntax.
* Should "fromiso=" be full path "($root)$isofile"?
* How is the param "live-media-path=" used? Would this work?
  linux (loop0)/vmlinuz.efi boot=casper live-media-path=casper
* Any other suggestions in above syntax appreciated.

2. Now the slightly tougher case: I need to better understand the media I had previously downloaded so that I can accurately debug why Debian-Jessie fails to mount.
I have the i386-lxde-CD-1.iso from 07-2014. Am I to understand that:
/install.386 => live installer
/install.386/gtk => live desktop system

* Can I run the installer AND a live-system from this iso, or just the installer?
* This fails, so I must again be missing some syntax:
  set root="http,192.168.2.100"
  set isofile="debian-testing-i386-lxde-CD-1.iso"
  loopback loop0 ($root)$isofile
  linux (loop0)/install.386/vmlinuz boot=live fromiso=$isofile httpfs=($root)$isofile
  initrd (loop0)/install.386/initrd.gz  }

Thanks and regards.