Re: customize bootloader

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 2:17 PM, chals <chals@chalsattack.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Federico Bruni <fede@inventati.org> wrote:
>> Il giorno ven 23 mag 2014 alle 21:13, chals <chals@chalsattack.com> ha
>> scritto:
>
> One important consideration is that binary hooks must have the .binary
> suffix. It is very likely that live-build tries to run your
> splash.hook.chroot in the chroot, so no wonder it does not work.
> Therefore, the first step is to rename it accordingly. Please check
> the corresponding live-manual version to the sofware you are using.
> Older versions used the suffix .binary, newer ones .hook.binary

While this is true...

> Besides, you need to correct your paths. Heed that I said:
>
>> 1.- copy the splash.svg file from
>> ../config/bootloaders/isolinux/ to isolinux/
>
> Because binary hooks are executed in binary/

This is not correct :(

I have checked the code and I have also tested it. The correct paths
are (like you said):

cp config/bootloaders/isolinux/splash.svg binary/isolinux/

sed -i  -e "s|@PROJECT@|LilyDev|" \
           -e  "s|@VERSION@|3.0|" \
            binary/isolinux/splash.svg

rsvg-convert --format png --height 480 --width 640
binary/isolinux/splash.svg -o binary/isolinux/splash.png

rm -f binary/isolinux/splash.svg

Sorry for my mistake. I had not tried it and I misread the code of
binary_hooks which says, in line 52 "cd binary" but this is for the
other hooks, not for the local ones.

Again, it was my bad. But I'm glad that my mistake made me test it to
confirm that it will work now.

Have fun :)

--
chals