Re: customize bootloader

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Federico Bruni <fede@inventati.org> wrote:
> Il giorno ven 23 mag 2014 alle 21:13, chals <chals@chalsattack.com> ha
> scritto:
>
> 1.- copy the splash.svg file from
> ../config/bootloaders/isolinux/ to isolinux/
>

> I suppose that you imply to be in binary/?

[...]
> I'm getting this error:
>
> cp: cannot stat `config/bootloaders/isolinux/splash.svg': No such file or
> directory
> sed: can't read binary/isolinux/splash.svg: No such file or directory
> /live-build/splash.hook.chroot: 10: /live-build/splash.hook.chroot:
> rsvg-convert: not found

One important consideration is that binary hooks must have the .binary
suffix. It is very likely that live-build tries to run your
splash.hook.chroot in the chroot, so no wonder it does not work.
Therefore, the first step is to rename it accordingly. Please check
the corresponding live-manual version to the sofware you are using.
Older versions used the suffix .binary, newer ones .hook.binary

Besides, you need to correct your paths. Heed that I said:

> 1.- copy the splash.svg file from
> ../config/bootloaders/isolinux/ to isolinux/

Because binary hooks are executed in binary/

So, it should be something like this (this goes absolutely untested,
run at your own risk):

#!/bin/sh

cp ../config/bootloaders/isolinux/splash.svg isolinux/

sed -i  -e "s|@PROJECT@|LilyDev|" \
           -e  "s|@VERSION@|3.0|" \
            isolinux/splash.svg

rsvg-convert --format png --height 480 --width 640 isolinux/splash.svg
-o isolinux/splash.png
rm -f isolinux/splash.svg

The "g" is not necessary if you are only performing one substitution.
If you want to do more than one. Then use "g"

I think we are getting closer now. Good luck!

--
chals
www.chalsattack.com