Installing from Live session new user no sudo

Hi

I've create a live image using stable v3 scripts.

I've used the installer from the desktop to install to the hdd and have found the user in the installed os doesn't have sudo , however, when I install from the grub menu with the text installer the user does have sudo.

I've been through the manual again but have not found an answer, I've obviously missed something, but have no idea what that might be.

I would appreciate some help to resolve this.

Thanks
Ozi