Re: Re: Re: live-build: LB_APT_INDICES="false" does not remove indices

I haven't built a patch specifically for this, but the problem will be
addressed within the much wider restructuring work I'm undertaking.

I expect I'll be done with the restructuring work in a few days time or
so, and I'll be posting that to the list (either directly, or via a bug
report) as soon as I'm done. Then we'll see what Daniel makes of my work :)

For the time being:
 1) Start by just commenting out that if statement on lines 539-547 of
chroot_archives. This will make the build process just a little slower,
but it won't break it; and it'll allow the little bit of code on lines
770-774 to actually execute, honoring the parameter you're trying to use.
 2) If that little bit of code isn't removing all of the files you
expect it to, which only clears out chroot/var/lib/apt/lists, you'll
need to add some additional lines to it to delete the extra files. You
also need to let me know exactly what additional files it should remove,
so I can add the necessary fix to the restructuring work.

For example, as I mentioned in my previous message:
Other files within chroot/var/lib/apt which other code in live-build
refers to in relation to apt indices (by a caching mechanism) include
the following:
 - secring.gpg*
 - trusted.gpg*
 - pkgcache.bin
 - srcpkgcache.bin
 - *_Packages
 - *_Sources
 - *Release*

I repeat, the code honoring this --apt-indices parameter only clears out
chroot/var/lib/apt/lists, not any of the above files from
chroot/var/lib/apt. If any of these files should be deleted, you need to
say so. I'm fairly new to linux & debian in general, never mind the
intricate details of apt's files, so while I'm getting along fine with
improving live-build, I don't have enough knowledge in the area of the
above set of files to make a decision of which should go and which
should stay in the context of this parameter being used.