Progress-linux and customisation

(This applies to Debian Stable's Debian Live)

While editing:

/usr/lib/live/build/binary_syslinux

I have discovered a reference to Progress Linux. That is a Linux distribution from Daniel (dba)'s company I think. I suspect that Debian Live was an internal Progress Linux project that was given to Debian ?

I comment it because I find references in live-build package in:

binary_checksums
binary_debian-installer
binary_disk
and much more files at:
/usr/lib/live/build directory .

As Daniel is one of the most active Debian Live developers I wanted to discuss about it here just before issuing a bug.

So my initial thought bug: "Get rid of everything Progress Linux related" I think could rephrased into something like:

Convert everything Progress Linux related into hooks or variables so that one can achieve the same functionality by customisation driven by Debian Live standard procedures.

So...

1) Is there any schedule for recycling all of these Progress Linux stuff?
2) Maybe some of these references have been already scheduled for removal?
3) Maybe the policy is to recycle them as people need those specific functionalities? 4) Maybe we can remove all of these embedded code because Progress Linux no longer uses it but only official Debian Live customisation procedures? 5) Is there (much?) more Progress Linux stuff ? (I have only checked in live-build package. /usr/lib/live/build directory).

Thank you.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/