Re: Live Build - redundancy

On 06/14/2014 01:11 AM, Jason Hsu wrote:
> the script goes through EVERY stage

the script you're refering to is used to build the official set of
images, where we need to take special precausions to ensure that the
images are pristine.

if you're not bound by that, you can shortcut building the image set.
though i doubt it's useful to build the whole set of 6+ images locally
just for the fun of it.

> Wouldn't it be more efficient to save the chroot setup at certain stages?

no, we'll be saving entire (partial) rootfs images instead at some point
on the webbuilder, but that has nothing to do with the release building
as outlined above.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net