Re: Live Build - redundancy

In some ways it is a good idea, how difficult it would be to code the changes in I don't know, but in others it adds needless complexity.

In my personal case I build an absolute minimal GUI install meaning I only use the bare minimum of the Debian base install and add the bare minimum of a Desktop Environment. Your suggestion be of no use to someone like me but may be of use to people who use standard installs.