Re: Add live-medium-install and webboot information to live-manual?

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 1:44 AM, Richard Nelson <unixabg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,

Greetings :)

> On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 2:37 PM, chals <chals@chalsattack.com> wrote:
>>
>> Should these topics, in this case live-medium-install and webbooting
>> be covered in live-manual?
>

> I personally think it would be a great addition, but live-medium-install is
> currently in live-tools debian-next branch. To me it seems out of work flow
> a bit to include manual information on items not in debian branch for
> releases.

You are absolutely right in respect to the debian-next branch. But the
concern was also with the webboot images, which have been around (as
in offered for download in the website) since the release of wheezy.

>> And if so, Richard, would you like to have
>> a go?
>

> I would be willing to assist, as time permits, since I think the tool very
> valuable. Please know I am not the best manual writer even though I am
> supposed to know English. ;)

I'm pretty sure you would write great documentation on the topic or
topics under discussion :)
I also offer to help in whatever I can do. But we should, in my humble
opinion, definitely add it to the todo.

> Thank you for the dialog and consideration on these scripts to migrate to
> the debian branch of live-tools for release and the possible inclusion in
> the manual.

Like you said, it is Daniel's decision. From a personal point of view
I think that the scripts work very well. I still have not tried the
"persistence" feature that you recently added to live-medium-install,
but I will, soon...

Thanks for the excellent work that you are all doing :)

Best wishes

--
chals
www.chalsattack.com