Re: hook to download git repositories in the user home

Il mer, mar 26, 2014 at 5:22 , Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net> ha scritto:
On 03/26/2014 01:16 AM, Federico Bruni wrote:
I'd like to be able to automatically download some git repositories in the home of the live user and also of any user installed. How can I achieve that?
depends on when you want to run it. if you want to do it at build time, then use a live-build hook (and save your repos into /etc/skel).

In my first try I used a live-build hook but I didn't realize that I should have saved the repos in /etc/skel. So now I should know how to make it work.

I think that this solution is ok: the repositories won't be up-to-date when the live is used, but it doesn't matter; I want them to be saved in the proper location.

if you want to do it at run time, then use a live-config hook like you already do (but make it more idempotent).

Make it more idempotent? Can you please elaborate on it?

The path /lib/live/config is not correct, is it? Shouldn't it be  /usr/lib/live/config?
Also, I wonder if the name I chose is correct:
./config/includes.chroot/lib/live/config/2000-lilyrepo.hook