Re: trying to make a wifi-capable live-cd

[ a lot snipped ]

Ben, I suggest you step away from the computer, take a 15-minute walk ,
or get a nice cup of tea. Calm down. Seriously.

You being annoyed and writing in that tone helps neither the user that
asked the question, nor the project, nor your health and sanity.

After you've calmed down, read on, as I'm trying to resolve the "failure
of communication" that seems to have occurred here.

What we should keep in mind is that the user that asked these questions
is trying to accomplish a specific task, and he thinks he might do so by
grabbing a Jessie installer - either the latest available, in the hope
that it already does what he needs, or the one from last December, and
fiddling around on his own from there.

a) He's seen and used one - or at least some kind of installer that was
able to install Jessie - on a CD last December.
b) Now someone is telling him "Jessie installers don't exist as of yet."

I can see how that sounds confusing, can't you?

Sadly, I don't know enough about the Debian Installer myself, so I can't
explain to him what was on the CD that he used last December.

But maybe somebody with more knowledge could step up and tell him what
that was? Because that (combined with the follow-up thought "Where can I
still get a copy of the one from last December?") seems to be the true
question of the user.

I.e. was it a Jessie installer that happened to work back then, but is
currently in a broken state?
Or was it a Wheezy/Sid/whatever installer that has been patched or
passed a parameter that makes it install Jessie?

And I haven't seen any answer to that question in the thread (though it
may be that I haven't been monitoring it from the start).

If you don't know the answer yourself, or feel that this question is
inappropriate on this mailing list as it has nothing to do with
debian-live any more, an option would be to suggest re-asking the
question on, say, the debian-user mailing list.

Kind Regards,
STefan