Re: large /pool folder in the iso image

>OK, this is normal when you include the installer. And i386 architecture
>is a worst case scenario because both 486 and 686-pae kernel udebs are
>included. With amd64 installer, at least you only have the one kernel
>flavour, amd64.

Thank you. OK, not worrying about the architecture, because it is a similar size with amd64 anyway, is there a "best practise" method to minimise this? By your reply it seems the udebs are required regardless of what installer is used. Is this correct? I only want a live system that can be installed. I don't want the installer to "pull packages" from a pool like a regular installer if I can stop it. Is this possible with Debian Live?

>It's not wasted if you really do want the installer.

What about the debs (not the udebs)? are they also required?

Cheers.

On 28 June 2013 10:53, Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
On 06/27/2013 07:51 PM, Michael . wrote:
>>A directory listing of the pool would be useful.
>
> Please refer to the pool.txt link above.

OK, this is normal when you include the installer. And i386 architecture
is a worst case scenario because both 486 and 686-pae kernel udebs are
included. With amd64 installer, at least you only have the one kernel
flavour, amd64.

> if it is not how can I minimise this, maybe, wasted resource

It's not wasted if you really do want the installer.

Ben