Re: install packages persistently on a Debian live system.

Hi,

Ronny Standtke wrote (22 May 2013 16:08:37 GMT) :
>>> unfortuantely, the persistence feature works only for files I create
>>> but not for new packages I install. what should I do in order to
>>> retain the new packages I install?
>> We have some proof-of-concept code for this in Tails:

> Why are you not just using full persistence, i.e. a "persistence"
> partition and the "persistence" kernel parameter?

I'm glad you're asking. Tails is the *amnesic* incognito Live system
by design, and our users rely on its amnesic property, so any bit of
persistence we add must be very targeted. Making the full system
persistent is thus not an option for our usecases.

Also, as far as I understand it, full persistence may be hard to
maintain over system upgrades, and we happen to release every 6 weeks.

Cheers,
--
  intrigeri