Re: Most of the time trouble booting USB hybrid image

Hello,

> Finally I decided to use the findiso feature for the next major release
> of DoudouLinux. With this you can boot the ISO image from a standard USB
> key (no need of reformatting). I've explained on our blog how to turn a
> standard USB storage device into a bootable DoudouLinux using the ISO
> file [1], of course there is no special magic but Debian Live :). I've
> also written a small graphical tool to help users easily do this by
> themselves [2]. It is currently lacking of a nice graphical interface
> (it is using Zenity dialogs) but it works well as far as I know.

I fear that this is too complicated for many of the users of my tiny
distribution. I like the idea of these hybrid images. You just have
one file and can use it for a CD or an USB stick. It is more or less
easy to handle.

> I finally find this a better solution than isohybrid since I don't have
> to bother anymore with testing the USB version and users can keep using
> their USB devices as they were doing before, ie. as a storage device!

Yes, I think your solution is more solid than the hybrid images. But
the handling is more difficult, I think.

The problem is that these USB images are preferred more and more.
And for me, it is much more comfortable to write my image to a USB
stick than burning a CD for each test loop of the distribution.

But thanks for your hint, anyway!

Kind regards
Kay