Re: [Q] How do you mount a persistent file image persistence.ext4

On 01/19/2013 05:10 PM, Robert Key wrote:
I am using live build 3.0-a57 and successfully building live debian
images of squeeze.

this is not related to your issue, however, note that we only support the latest version of 3.x, means the version in sid. the versions of live-* in testing are basically unsupported. please upgrade.

I want to rather use a file image but cannot get it to mount at run time.

if you build a squeeze image, then you'll get live-boot 2.x from squeeze included, which doesn't support persistence files, see man live-boot.

if you want a persistence file, you have to use live-boot 3.x. pin in live-boot and live-config from sid like the example in live-manual shows.

note that since you're building squeeze, you'll have to explicitly name all packages in preferences, apt in squeeze does not support wildcards.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net