Re: Trying to build netboot iso with live-* from unstable

On 08/20/2012 02:08 PM, Strickland, Carl wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
>> Specifically, install live-build from sid on your build system and include
>> sid's live-boot, live-config and their dependencies (the backends) in your
>> config as described in live-manual.
>
> I'm not sure how I would include those packages in my config. I installed the
> unstable packages using "apt-get -t unstable install live-build live-config
> live-boot".

no. see live-manual, which is quite explicit about how to do this (APT pinning section) or else use
config/packages.chroot/ (also described in manual) and drop the debs there. but i consider the APT
pinning solution superior, which is why it is what the manual recommends.

> Using "--volatile false" resolved the build issue. Thanks! Unfortunately I'm
> still dealing with the netboot issue which I think was supposed to have been
> resolved in unstable.

which is why you need to include the sid live-boot* and live-config* in your config.

grep live- binary.packages and report the version#s you found.

> It still appears that the system isn't bringing up a network interface before
> trying to mount the NFS share. I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong :(

Provide the version# info indicated above first, and we'll proceed from there.

Ben