Re: Debian Live installer

On 02/07/2012 11:30 AM, broletto wrote:
> The only thing wrong/bug of the installer d-i for me, 6.0.4?, it that
> conclude the flow inconsistently [...] leaving the user on the
> desktop .. without eject the cd/dvd and then restart the system as is
> usually.

the 'final' message of d-i where it's saying something along the lines
of 'installation finished, you now should reboot into your system'
probably needs some updating in the case the installer was started with
the launcher.

unrelated to that, i've still got making kexec work on my todo, which
would mean, that the finish dialog would give you the choice to 'reboot
now' (then using kexec to boot into the installed system without going
through bios and bootloader) and 'reboot later' (closing installer, back
to live system).

having said that now, it doesn't actually depend on having kexec already
working, so, that can be done at any time, patches welcome i guess
(against finish-installer, shouldn't be hard to do that/convince
debian-installer people to have a conditional in there).

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net