Re: Persistence file on the same partition of the live filesystem

Hi,

Eugenio 'g7' Paolantonio wrote (25 Nov 2012 17:04:57 GMT) :
> By looking at the code I saw this line in the find_persistence_media()
> method in the 9900-misc-helpers.sh script:

> 	local black_listed_devices="$(what_is_mounted_on /live/medium)"

> So, this is actually blacklisting the partition where the live
> filesystem and kernel resiedes.

> With the old persistence method, everything worked well.

> I do not know if this is something wanted, so I'm not posting a bug report.
> Is there a way to make live-boot find a persistence file in the same
> partition of the live filesystem?

At first glance, it looks like this check makes sense for persistence
partitions, but does not for file-backed persistence. If this is
correct, then I guess the black-listing should be made in a more
targetted way, that is at each iteration of the "for dev in" loop.
anonym, anyone else, thoughts?

Cheers,
--
  intrigeri