Persistence file on the same partition of the live filesystem

[Please CC me, as I'm not subscribed.]

Hello,
I'm trying to make the "new" persistence work with a Debian Sid snapshot.

I made a "persistence" file in the root of the USB device's partition
which contains an ext2 filesystem. Inside, the persistence.conf file
contains rules to make the root persistent:

   / union

I have booted with the proper boot option ("persistence"), but it didn't
find the filesystem, thus not enabling the persistent feature.

I have then created a new partition on the same device, and moved the
ext2 filesystem there.
The persistence now works.

By looking at the code I saw this line in the find_persistence_media()
method in the 9900-misc-helpers.sh script:

	local black_listed_devices="$(what_is_mounted_on /live/medium)"

So, this is actually blacklisting the partition where the live
filesystem and kernel resiedes.

With the old persistence method, everything worked well.

I do not know if this is something wanted, so I'm not posting a bug report.
Is there a way to make live-boot find a persistence file in the same
partition of the live filesystem?

Thank you in advance,
Eugenio

--
.: Eugenio Paolantonio - Semplice Linux developer :.

http://semplice-linux.org
http://medesimo.eu

Twitter: @eugenio_g7 - Homepage: http://me.medesimo.eu