Re: live-tools_3.0.12-1_all.deb package overwrites /usr/share/man/man1/uptime.1.gz

On 10/24/2012 09:35 AM, Андрій Шинкарчук wrote:
> does it means, that every user of
> Debian Live will be deprived of possibility to clearly read original
> `man uptime` and `man update-initramfs` inside of a live system and
> instead will see list of `live-tools` scripts and generic info about
> them?

yes; i'm not fond of having the manpage diverted in the first place, but
it was sort of requested to do so.

> So, my suggestion is at least to include in live-tools.7.gz a kind of
> a NOTE about how to read original man page for update-initramfs

as usual, patches welcome.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net