Re: Initial "lb config" and "lb clean --purge"

On 10/08/2012 03:02 PM, Mark Schneider wrote:
> It is confusing for newcomers. They do "lb clean --purge" but it doesn't
> really remove config files from config/.

lb clean removing user configuration means data loss, and that violates
amongst others the principle of least surprise.

> I guess, that it would save a
> lot of questions on the list if initial "lb config" would create config,
> clean and build scripts in auto/.

absolutely, but it would bringt an even bigger amount of people to the
list complaining 'wtf, lb clean deleted all my precious configs'.

i don't think you would want to support users recovering their deleted
files with ext3grep/$random_other_undelete_tool.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net