Re: Re: Re: display a splash image before startup a live system

Does the system boot after five seconds?

No, it boots, but doesn't boot after 5 seconds.

BTW I've tried, but get errors on my wheezy:

# mkdir debs && cd debs
root@wheezy:/home/debs# apt-get source syslinux-themes-debian
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Need to get 11.3 kB of source archives.
Get:1 http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main syslinux-themes-debian 11-1 (dsc) [1,351 B]
Get:2 http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main syslinux-themes-debian 11-1 (tar) [7,080 B]
Get:3 http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main syslinux-themes-debian 11-1 (diff) [2,912 B]
Fetched 11.3 kB in 0s (82.6 kB/s)
sh: 1: dpkg-source: not found
Unpack command 'dpkg-source -x syslinux-themes-debian_11-1.dsc' failed.
Check if the 'dpkg-dev' package is installed.
E: Child process failed

What do get if you try to mount the binary.img after build?

# mount -t vfat -o loop,offset=512 binary.img /tmp/mnt
# cd /tmp/mnt/syslinux
# ls -la

Can you pls zip these all syslinux files and send me by mail, this will be really very helpfull.

THX
Piotr

On Sep 22, 2012, chals <chals@altorricon.com> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 11:49 PM, upiter77@lycos.com <upiter77@lycos.com> wrote:

> Thx , I've looked at the manual, but still don't know where should i put my
> own created splash image?
> I've put in config/includes.binary/syslinux/splash.png, but it doesn't work.

Tonight I have built two different images (binary.hybrid.iso and
binary.img) to test it again. Using wheezy with live-build 3.0~a58.
Adding my own splash.png and isolinux.cfg to
config/includes.binary/isolinux/ and my own splash.png and
syslinux.cfg to config/includes.binary/syslinux/ respectively works
just fine.

Did you include a png image of 640x480 pixels?

> BTW my config/includes.binary/syslinux/syslinux.cfg:
>
> include menu.cfg
> default vesamenu.c32
> prompt 0
> timeout 5

Does the system boot after five seconds?

This method of using includes is ok for small modifications like the
ones you are trying to make. But very likely building your own themes
is a better way. What I do, in order to save time and work, is
modifying an already existing one. You can also try to do it:

$ mkdir debs && cd debs
$ apt-get source syslinux-themes-debian
$ cd syslinux-themes-debian-11

Change the timeout to 50 and provide a new splash.png image. Once you
have modified the sources, build the new .deb:

$ dpkg-buildpackage -b -us -uc

Add the resulting syslinux-themes-debian-wheezy_11-1_all.deb package
to config/packages.chroot

This is not ideal either but I add the .deb to packages.chroot because
I do not have a mirror to use.

Good luck

--
chals