Re: live-build: predefined lists -> metapackages and --config <git-repo>

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:

The rest of the manual has many references to "-p kde" or "--package-lists gnome" or "predefined
lists" or tasks that are no longer accurate for the current version and which I will update shortly.

I would also like to highlight the highly useful and not yet fully documented "--config <git-repo>"
option.

Sorry for not replying any sooner, you know I've been quite busy this week ;)

Thank you very much for the explanation. I find the "--config <git-repo>" an extraordinary improvement especially for all those people who keep their configs in git. Extra points for Daniel here :)

Ben, in a quick search I have found six occurrences of -p/--packages-lists (some repeated). I'll try to find the time to propose an alternative to at least some of them, if not all, without interfering with the extraordinary work that you do in the project and concretely keeping live-manual up to date.

We who follow the development of the project really appreciate all the effort that you (=all the members of the team) put in it.

Thanks again!

ps. I haven't checked tasks yet.

--
chals