netboot image, an .iso replacement

Hello,

Today I discovered that I have lost the physical copy of my Debian-Live-CD.

Where I still have the .iso file,
I tried to netboot it with pxelinux plus memdisk. But that didn't work.

So now I looking for an advice which way to continue.

I would like to go the netboot way.

While unpacking http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/current-live/amd64/net/debian-live-6.0.4-amd64-rescue.tar.gz
I found that an NFS server is defined in the kernel boot parameters.
What will break when there is no NFS server?
How early is that in the boot proces?

When netbooting pxelinux.0 plus memdisk
plus http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/current-live/amd64/usb-hdd/debian-live-6.0.4-amd64-rescue.img
which network card drivers will I have available?

When using the kernel from the current-live/amd64/net/debian-live-6.0.4-amd64-rescue.tar.gz
plus http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/release/current-live/amd64/usb-hdd/debian-live-6.0.4-amd64-rescue.initrd.img-2.6.32-5-amd64
What will then be my chances for a shell prompt?

Which of the above described way might be the road to succes?

Which other netboot methods are available that avoid configuring an service, as NFS?

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
> And is there a policy on top-posting vs. bottom-posting?
Yes.