Re: Simple default ISO generation fails

On 19/04/12 11:36 AM, Daniel Ellison wrote:
On 19/04/12 10:09 AM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
included in live-config 3.0~a34-1.

3.0~a35-1 migrated on 2012-04-13, so wheezy is working out of the box
since then again.

Thanks, Daniel! So when building a wheezy ISO on a wheezy system, if I
pin like this in chroot_apt/preferences:

Actually, it seems I don't have to pin any of the live-* packages now. the ones in wheezy are the same as those in sid. And I guess that's what you were saying above. :)

I just tried a default ISO build and it failed in the same way. I did this (as root):

# lb --version
live-build, version 3.0~a46-1
# mkdir wheezy
# cd wheezy
# cp -R /usr/share/live/build/examples/auto .
# lb config
# mv ~/kernel.binary config/hooks
# lb build

kernel.binary is simply:

#!/bin/sh
mv binary/live/vmlinuz-* binary/live/vmlinuz || true
mv binary/live/initrd.img-* binary/live/initrd.img || true

When it finally produced an ISO, I got the same "startpar" error as I always had.

I tried another build with:

* live-boot_3.0~a27-1_all.deb
* live-boot-initramfs-tools_3.0~a27-1_all.deb
* live-config_3.0~a37-1_all.deb
* live-config-sysvinit_3.0~a37-1_all.deb

in packages.chroot.

And... it worked! I have no idea which one(s) of those updated packages made the difference, but at this point I don't care. I can now go ahead and make a wheezy version of my distribution. Woohoo! Let the bells ring out and the banners fly! :)

Hopefully this will be it. I'll come back in a while to update all concerned with the results.

Daniel